The main assignment is to work as a team and create augmented reality scenes utiliseing augment.
our naritive is that or a tresure hunt so assets were created of tresure. i created some high quality assets in order to create textures and normal maps for the augmented models white testing the limitations of augment.(i have not included these with the ar ready models as they are unsutable for AR however they were used in the creation of the AR assets so i will include them here)
I created this coin, i utilised mental ray shaders to create the base colour as well as adding a fractal pattern on the darker parts.I used this high quality model to create a texture and normal map for the AR coin.
I then made the high quality mesh more efficent so called medium poly coin and then created stacks of coins from both of these.
And the AR coin pile.
A selection of gemstones were created these were made by reserchig the real cuts of the gems and then looking up the physical properties of diamond reflection/refraction ect enabling me to get a realistic diamond then i could then create a texture with to be used in AR. i made many cuts however in the end i only used the classic diamond cut with different colours for different gems.
these were used to create the AR gems with texture and normal maps.
I then used the gems i had created and created high quality rings
I used these rings to create normal map and textures for the low poly AR rings.
I then ran some tests with augment as i did not know what the program was capable off and there was not much information to be found. I found that there was 1 light in the augment scene so you could use some specular however its quite low quality to enable realtime rendering. I amsl tried to get reflections in to the scene as it would vastly increase the ralism of the tresure. I managed to do this by useing mental ray to bake reflections and then blending the reflection maps with the normal textures enabled me to see relections in AR though they are of course static.
I decided not to use the reflections as they were static and the natrure of AR is moveing arround the objects and i felt it would infact decrease the quality of the sceenes overall.
I then combined assets to create a tresure scene (scene01) that would be used as one of the end scenes in the tresure hunt.
And the AR version.
I then played arround with Ncloth to create a coin bag.
from which i made this:
And then i created the low poly textured bag fvor use in AR.
This was then turned in to a scene (i filled the bag with coins)
The rest of the models i created i created directly for AR and i utilised substance painter to create a number of maps (not all can be used by augment) to create realistic textures.
I then used all the assets i had made so far to create a large AR scene that showcased my work and also acted as a final scene for the AR tresure hunt.